Easy Read Training
This course is suitable for organisations and individuals who:
- would like to make their communication more inclusive and accessible
- are involved in producing information
- design and create any kind of document
- work in public or in-house communications
Easy Read Training is delivered online through two half day sessions (4 hours x 2). This can also be organised as a full day session if required.
The course gives you the opportunity to challenge existing knowledge, to explore practical examples, to experience writing Easy Read documents, and to reflect on and evaluate this process.
- What Easy Read documents are and why we need them
- How to write accessible language
- How to source and use pictures for Easy Read documents
- How to create Easy Read from blank page to published document
- How to edit documents and develop your own document checking processes
Each course runs over two sessions from 9.30am to 1.30pm:
- Thursday 28 September and Thursday 5 October (filling up fast!)
- Wednesday 8 November and Wednesday 15 November (Fully booked)
- Tuesday 30 January and Tuesday 6 February 2024
- Tuesday 23 April and Tuesday 30 April 2024
Price and delivery
Online training costs £500 per person.
Disability Equality Scotland reserves the right to postpone a course that is not at full capacity. There may be some flexibility on timings and delivery methods if all participants are from the same organisation.
How to book
Email our training team email@example.com
This training provides 8 hours of Continuing Professional Development, and is accredited by The CPD Standards Office.
Feedback from previous courses
- 100% of the participants said their Easy Read knowledge had increased
- 100% of participants felt their Easy Read skills had developed.
- 100% of participants would recommend this training to a friend or colleague