Easy Read Training
Easy Read is an accessible format that makes written information easier to understand because it uses simple, jargon-free language, shorter sentences and supporting images.
This course is suitable for organisations and individuals who:
- would like to make their communication more inclusive and accessible
- are involved in producing information
- design and create any kind of document
- work in public or in-house
Easy Read Training is delivered online through two half day sessions (4 hours x 2). This can also be organised as a full day session if required.
Price and delivery
Online training costs £500 per person.
Disability Equality Scotland reserves the right to postpone a course that is not at full capacity. There may be some flexibility on timings and delivery methods if all participants are from the same organisation.
This training provides 8 hours of Continuing Professional Development, and is accredited by The CPD Standards Office.
The course gives you the opportunity to challenge existing knowledge, to explore practical examples, to experience writing Easy Read documents, and to reflect on and evaluate this process.
- What Easy Read documents are and why we need them
- How to write accessible language
- How to source and use pictures for Easy Read documents
- How to create Easy Read from blank page to published document
- How to edit documents and develop your own document checking processes
- 30 January and 6 February 2024
- 23 and 30 April 2024
How to book
To book a place on a course or chat about options for your organisation, email our Easy Read Trainer firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0141 370 0968.
Feedback from previous courses
- 100% of the participants said their Easy Read knowledge had increased
- 100% of participants felt their Easy Read skills had developed.
- 100% of participants would recommend this training to a friend or colleague
- Almost all of participants were more confident creating Easy Read
- Participants gave the course an average rating of more than 4.7 out of 5