We have the expertise to produce information in Easy Read
We provide a professional and efficient Easy Read service to all sectors, as part of our commitment towards improving access to information for all.
What is Easy Read?
Easy Read is an accessible format that makes written information easier to understand. The Easy Read format is easy to understand because it uses simple, jargon-free language, shorter sentences and supporting images.
Why produce Easy Read documents?
Easy Read documents make information more accessible to people with learning disabilities. They can also be useful for people with other communication difficulties including:
- acquired brain injury
- people with hearing impairment whose first language is British Sign Language (BSL)
- people who do not speak English as their first language
- people who find reading, difficult
- people with cognitive impairments such as dementia
The Equality Act
The Equality Act (2010) requires organisations to produce information in an accessible format. Easy Read can ensure that disabled people have equal access to information and are not discriminated against.
Examples of our work
Please note that the following examples are for information purposes only and should not be downloaded for commercial use.
- Disability Equality Scotland: Consent Form Example
- First Minister’s National Advisory Council on Women and Girls: 2020 report and recommendations
- Inclusion Scotland: Manifesto 2021-26
- Organ Donation Scotland/Scottish Government: What is organ and tissue donation – How is the law changing in Scotland?
- Police Scotland: A message to communities from Assistant Chief Constable Gary Ritchie
- Protected Characteristics
- SafeLives: Domestic Abuse Survey
- The Leven Connectivity Project: A plan to support more people to walk, wheel and cycle
- Transport Scotland: Scotland’s Accessible Travel Framework
What our clients say
“Great thanks, you made a very good job of converting some quite difficult concepts to Easy Read and it looks good.” Poverty Inequality Commission
“Easy Read have done a great job with the updates we had asked for. The images they have chosen all work well. Thanks for all your work on this.” Police Scotland
“This looks great, thank you for getting it to me so quickly! I’m very happy.” Alliance Scotland
“This is fantastic. And a massive piece of work in such a short time! Thank you.” Scottish Labour
“That looks all good! And thanks for pulling it together so quickly.” Human Rights Consortium Scotland
“Thank you so much for all the work you have put into the document and the turnaround time we all really appreciate it.” Transport Scotland
Who do I contact?
For more information about our Easy Read service contact us by telephone: 0141 370 0968 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org