Disability Equality Scotland
Board of Director Appointments
Disability Equality Scotland is seeking to recruit individuals to join our Board of Directors. By joining Disability Equality Scotland’s Board of Directors, you will help to improve accessibility for disabled people in Scotland.
- We are a national organisation working to achieve full access and inclusion for every disabled person in Scotland.
- We want disabled people to live as independently as they can.
- We want disabled people to have the same opportunities and choices as everyone else.
- We want disabled people to live a life of dignity and respect.
- We work on behalf of everyone who has any type of impairment.
- We also work with disability organisations, groups who share our beliefs and the Scottish Government to influence policies.
- We are the umbrella organisation for all disability Access Panels in Scotland, providing them with support and guidance to improve the lives of disabled people at a local level throughout Scotland.
- We are membership led.
To carry out this role, you will require enthusiasm and commitment for the work of Disability Equality Scotland, and will be a team player with a willingness and appetite to get involved with new activities.
You will be given induction and training on all aspects of this role.
All appropriate materials will be supplied by Disability Equality Scotland.
A dedicated person will be available to give you continuous support, advice and guidance. Other team members will be available for help, support and advice.
Our Board are committed to continuous learning and development and working as a team to share knowledge and experience.
You can download the application pack below or contact us directly and we can send this to you. If you require any information in an alternative format, please contact us – Tel: 01259 272164 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday 28 March 2018, 12pm. (Please note: applications received after this deadline will not be considered).