We have the expertise to produce information in Easy Read
We provide a professional and efficient Easy Read service to all sectors, as part of our commitment towards improving access to information for all.
What is Easy Read?
Easy Read is an accessible format that makes written information easier to understand. The Easy Read format is easy to understand because it uses simple, jargon-free language, shorter sentences and supporting images.
Why produce Easy Read documents?
Easy Read documents make information more accessible to people with learning disabilities. They can also be useful for people with other communication difficulties including:
- acquired brain injury
- people with hearing impairment whose first language is British Sign Language (BSL)
- people who do not speak English as their first language
- people who find reading, difficult
- people with cognitive impairments such as dementia
The Equality Act
The Equality Act (2010) requires organisations to produce information in an accessible format. Easy Read can ensure that disabled people have equal access to information and are not discriminated against.
Examples of our work
What our clients say
- “We’re delighted with the documents and would love to share this with interested stakeholders.”
- “Disability Equality Scotland routinely produce high quality Easy Read information, as was evident at the event they hosted in Aberdeen last week. I have attached a copy of the agenda for this event which provides a good example of the type of document that would be most useful for future transport meetings.”
- “Let me congratulate you; the work you have done is great.”
Who do I contact?
For more information about our Easy Read service contact us by telephone: 01259 272064 or email: email@example.com